Monday, December 11, 2006

Hello!

PECKPOST

I went for Interact CIP in the morning to help out with the old folk programme at Toa Payoh Blk 170. I was a human jackpot saikang (aka the dude who acts as the random jackpot thingy that ends up striking 1 of 3 poses), suffering eternal shame. Other than that the interaction was frankly a little dry. Spending time with old folks is always a two-way thing, and if the old folksies aren't proactive and start spinnin their life tales or askin questions, the convo goes no where. That's exactly what happened today because the old man xy and I were trying to converse with was old in body and most definitely unyoung at heart. Dowan to dance, dowan to sing, dowan to smile, dowan to be flattered o.0! For example, when I told him he looked super healthy for 83 (it was true!), he was like bu shi bu shi (I am not) and not in a sheepish-happy sort of way but a rather blunt, zen-like rejection of my compliment. Much of the convo was in this realist vein, with lots of one-sentence answers. Of course I recognize that some old folk are a little jaded, and I'm also not sayin old people should be crazy and like go zorbing at 90 or something, but at least be a little optimistic right!

Anyway after that had some fun when kwt kindly went to sim lim with me to buy some computer parts to upgrade my com a little. Nothing much, new mousepad, more ram, new fan. And he also fixed up a lot of the niggling errors that keep happening on my com, which I really appreciate. After that we played F.E.A.R with very little lag which was awesome. TQ KWT!

Now if you donno who kwt is his name is TAN KANG WEI and he's in fencing and guitar and av and I got to know him in sec 2. He sat next to me in class and we always copied each other's work and talked crap with tiong and xianbin. He's real good at computers and he's always rigged up cool stuff for my com. Yeah just tellin you in case you think he's some imaginary friend I created.








Kwt fixes ram. Looks like a perv here.








Kwt plays F.E.A.R

And these are just some photos for my sis, since she's incessantly hounding me for photos of pete teh dog. Real sorry he really wasn't in his prime tonight when I took em. Papa brought home massive bones for them from lunch potluck, and well....hell broke loose



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home