Monday, December 04, 2006

Yo.

Went to gym in the morn. Did an unusually comfortable 2.5 km on the treadmill. Perhaps its because I was blasting angst-rock songs at near full volume on my Ipod, and teh rage was spurring me on. I remember I was playing Papa Roach's Last Resort (the one where the dude tells you to CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES, DIS IS MY LAST RESORRTTTT) and Linkin Park songs with lots of screaming.

After that I went to walk around Borders. I notice they have a 3 for 2 offer for certain books, including Norwegian Wood, Cell by Stephen King, Zadie Smith's On Beauty, and some Anne Rice Jesus novel (I thought she wrote bout vampires sia, strange diversion). But of course being the non-avid reader that I am, I was not interested. I was keener on Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, because its coolio short stories and the font is big. Minor as it is, I totally favour big font books because my eyes don't lose track of the words. Haha hows that for anal.

Anyways I've been eying that book for sometime, and also realised that they had lowered the price from 30+ dollars to 23 bucks. So yeah I might buy that tomorrow. I'm probably antitcipating the major book stores to have Christmas blitz sales, so we'll see.

After that I went to Sembawang, and I noticed that they have the new 'Singapore Edition' which takes away the songbook and then lowers the price significantly. Yeah its a good idea, because people like me dont care for songbooks. So basically Scissors Sisters Ta Dah! and Snow Patrol's Eyes Open Singaporean editions were available for $11.90 each, which is a pretty good buy. Got them both.

Well Scissors Sisters so far has not impressed, save for 2 songs. In fact when they utilise their sharp staccato falsettos (and the lyrics are indistinguishible to the human ear, mind you) with an uncatchy melody, its rather irritating. And so far none of the songs match up to some of the awesome jiggly wiggly songs on their first album like Filthy/Gorgeous. Snow Patrol I haven't had a good listen to yet.

Well, also cut my hair today. The dude cutting my hair had PMS, ended up giving me a pretty shitty haircut. So yeahhh....I don't look so good right now. I actually look pretty dorky as well. Oh well shit happens.

In the afternoon had to cash a cheque for me mum at Holland V. She's ultra lazy. Anyway I bet the security guard was wondering what a fat dork was doing with a wad of cash. He was totally giving me shifty glances.

New TV coming tomorrow. More updates then. Sry no pictures today.

But videos I always can recommend in abundance!

First one: Indian train. Scary



Next one: Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington ad for Aids Motorola phone. I am a huge huge fan of Linkin Park actually, superficial as their lyrics might be. Yeah I thought this was cool



New Linkin Park instrumental - its nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home