Saturday, July 21, 2007

PECKPOST

Hello. Today was a tiring day. Did econs tuition hw in the morning, then I had econs tuition where the essay I did in the morning got MANGLED. That kinda sucked but its ok. At least that's one less question I'll screw up. I rather enjoy econs because it seems like the only new interesting subject around that has any importance in the world around me.  

Hmm I then had math tuition which was rather unproductive. My fault really. I don't know how to do stats that involve anything other than the GC (well that's because I never understood the concept of stats in the first place). That basically means I don't know how to standardize, don't know test stats and don't remotely comprehend T test. My math teacher was mother exasperated because she was trying to impart divine understanding on the concept of hypothesis testing itself and I wuz zomgbbqing about 20 times and telling her I don't geddit because I usually follow templates made by my teacher (my OTHER math tuition teacher lol). She was like nooo you can't do it without understanding and I was giving ambivalent grunts of ignorance/noobidity.   

Oh yeah I'm a total tuition whore nowadays. I got physical geog tuition now. Now that one I need. No two ways about it. In fact I should have gotten the hint about a year ago that I was gonna crash and burn at this subject. I think I totally underestimated exactly how deep the abyss of physical geog rapage was, and indeed I have been scarred. My ineptitude in this subject has become almost infamous.

Hmm then i went for church. It was quite interesting. The lead singer has been irritating me the past 2 weeks because he's been trying to add in an excessive amount of vibrato when he sings. You know when people try to pull a note/lyric for longer than they should, just to give an emo effect? Yeah he was doing that every 5 seconds. Plus he kept repeating the lyrics before they were being sung, ala Stevie Wonder. Moderate amounts of the 2 are ok, but to do it at regular intervals of 5-10 seconds is just irritating. Haha I am anal. The pastor tried something cool today, trying to get the holy spirit to saturate the church and heal people. That was kinda cool. I think about 7 people got healed. And the sermon was even weirder. It was like 3 sentences long because apparently the pastor was not at "peace" with the sermon she prepared and just told us 2 sentences that god told her. Interesting indeed. 

Oh yeah went for badminton. Got pwned by xb. 

Bah life sucks. I feel so jaded in school nowadays. Apart from trash-talking or just random chatting, I feel so listless and bored. I was totally feeling it during gp compre on friday. I wrote in hideous handwriting (I blame that on annliangs pen), wrote rambly answers and wrote far far far too little for my aq. I'm pwned, but you know at that time I couldn't care less. 

I'll do another cooking post sometime. The apple pie was pretty successful. Though the apple was too sweet, the crust itself was sumptuous. 

Anyway heres Stoned in Love by the sex bomb himself Tom Jones along with famous Electronica artist Chicane. When I first listened to it I thought it didn't sound like Tom Jones then I found out that Chicane modded his voice smoother, and 3 octaves higher. Makes for an awesome dance song! LISTEN



And then i checked out the live version, and its AWESOME TOO! While the authentic Tom Jones voice is deeper and thicker, sometimes overpowering the beats and making it less dancey, it adds a whole new sexy dimension. 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home