Sunday, April 15, 2007

PECKPOST

Yo everyone. Haven't blogged properly for a few days now. Well on friday afternoon I accompanied wally and annliang to check out the soccer team's opening game at JJC. And boy do they look shaky. The end result was 2-1 to RJ, but the scoreline belies the team's first half performance which was absolutely woeful. SRJC hit the bar twice in the first half, and RJ didn't force any kind of decent save from their keeper. Each time SR hit the bar we were like WTFBBQ. The second half was a lot better from RJ though. The team scored, then sr equalised, then bong scored a superb winner. The first goal, however, came from a penalty, and that was extremely dubious. So hey I'm still not convinced by this side in pretty much every area of the field except the midfield.

And yesterday the family attended a benny hinn rally at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. As you can see he looks like some holy man.
















As some christians will know, this man is probably one of the most well-known evangelists in the world. He's best known for his godlike gift of healing, which of course makes him highly sought-after. After all, what better way to convince people by healing them, or showing them 1337 miracles. The demand was so great that church members were supposed to be at the stadium by 5, when the rally started at 7.30 pm. Yeah they were trying to stagger the crowds. Didn't work in the end coz it started raining and the lines of people were GGing without umbrellas.

Anyway the first 2.5 hours of the rally were quite boring for me. He preached twice, sang tons of old hymms. But I say the last half an hour was EXPLOSIVE AND I MEAN EXPLOSIVE ON EVERY LEVEL. Even a religion noob like me was like ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!

Ya basically the 2.5 hours were meant for him to get the holy spirit flowing and stuff. But once he got going, it was godlike man. He doesn't really do healing by touching people but by saturating the place with healing power and stuff. Yeah people in their wheelchair started walking and stuff. Wasn't that dramatic actually.

Woah. Then he started smiting people. That was when things started getting freaky. He turned behind to the 500 person choir and said some spiritual stuff and then he did SMITE OF SOME BOMB. And the whole 500 person choir (standing) were thrown back into their seats and were slain by the spirit. And by thrown back I really mean thrown back like BOOM. I was like o.0
no shit this guy is good. Then he started doing section by section of the indoor stadium. And when he did my section I thought I would fall, so I had a bit of false hope there. So when he did SMITE OF SOME MAN I was like this is it man this is when I feel gods power. This is when god gives me a reason to worship him. And BOOM.

DOH. I didn't get slained. My entire row got slain.... except it skipped My mum and I. Even my dad was blown back. Ya this group of holy emo girls sitting in the same row to the left of me got slain, and some started crying...then laughing. My m
um told me it was the spirit of joy (she could talk cos she wasn't slain). I was a little disappointed really, and I saw some irony in it. My mum needed healing, and I needed a touch, and god kinda skipped over us, instead slaining holy people who were all psyched up for it.

Benny Hinn then started calling random people up on stage for individual smite of win. There was one particular noob that got smited repeatedly and everytime his whole body would explode into the air. Lemme try and illustrate it


Ok first holyman BH did a one handed godsmite hadoken of hope on the noob


















And the guy just got blown back like 2 metres. Some dudes were helping to hold him, if not I think he would have shattered his spine







Yeah later on the choir got smited again, this time by Kong Hee (who got smited by Benny Hinn like 6 times, and hence learnt the secret of smiting). And it was really freaky because the whole choir started laughing in their seats. Like....500 chuckys

Oh well. What an interesting scene. Sry couldn't get pictures, my parents were hurrying me so much that I forgot to take my camera. Plus my dopod couldnt take good pictures. And if you have problems with any of these religious recounts I just put up feel free to tell me. Or like..cuss me on the taggy if you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home