Monday, November 20, 2006

PECKPOST

Hello. Been a busy day.

First went to Expo for church because I didnt attend my usual one yesterday (was sleeping). And the sermons are getting rather boring because City Harvest is in the Arise and Build frenzy period to raise building funds. So every week is essentially the same faith-boosting, WOO-WE-KEN-DO-IT message, cept its artfully taken from different section of the bible.

I got to be honest, the main thing thats keeps prompting me to try and get close to God has got to be fear. The fear of hell, the fear that he won't bless me if I don't have faith. Its a terrible way to restart, really. It's probably the wrong way to restart. At least for me, christianity is not all about loving Him...one of my grieviances with this religion. Hehe what I really need is probably one of those kickass touches of the holy spirit that like make me flop around on the floor or sth. Its easy for those types to believe.

Well after church we went to check out the food fair at Expo. Its pretty cool actually. Lots of free samples, lots of interesting hard-to-find food e.g. brown rice tea

me: Isn't it kinda contradictory?? Like brown rice...is not tea.
memum: I duno lah.
medad: uh....taste like tea....slurp slurp

And the dude who was advertising on stage for sharks fin was really 1337 in his marketing.

dude: Ah ya da jia kan, ban he yo ZHE ME DUO, ZHE ME DUO yu ci ah! zhi yo $10!!!!

Haha somehow it cracked me up, him trying to convince audiences there's a hella lot of sharksfin on the plate.

Anyway then i watched the 2nd and 3rd set of roger federer smashing james blake to pieces in TMS Shanghai. Federer is not my favourite player, though he is the best. I have a few. Ivanisevic, Henman, Santoro. Ivanisevic is raw spirit, Henman is grace, Santoro is touch. Santoro especially impresses. He is a 2 hander on both forehand and backhand side, and his style of play is beautiful. There is hardly pace in his shots, rather technique and speed of step. Its really too bad there are nearly zero matches of them anymore, because Henman and Santoro suck in rankings, and Ivan retired.

After dinner went to robinsons to pick up a cheapo suit for thimun. Suits are rather in conflict with my casual style of dressing, really. Luzzers like me don't even have jeans, much less full length suits. So we got a comparatively cheap jacket-pants combi. 246 bucks inclusive of alterations is reasonable ( I think). Anyone who knows I got ripped off please do tell me.

Yeah so I'm quite tired. Been reading the WWII-survivor story Night by Eli Weasel. Of course, being as superficial as I am, the first thing I noticed was that this dude has a really sneaky name! Dang who calls themselves Weasel!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home