Monday, August 06, 2007

PECKPOST

Yo everyone. My dad is actually in australia fishing at the moment, so me mum and I decided to check out some nice food that my dad would otherwise be too lazy to take us out to. Yeah we decided to check out this place La Pizzaiola along Holland Drive. It turned out to be a small shop that served some quality italian food at a really decent price. The dishes looks rougher, the presentation isn't so classy, and the setting isn't high class, but the food was quite excellent.




I went conservative and chose the hawaiian as usual. Excellent and at $4, very reasonable


My mum went for the hotseller, the Quattro Formaggi. This was really good


We decided to try another popular dish, the beef lasagna ($6). It's hella oily but hotdamn this thing is freaking lovely. The minced beef is nice and soft and there's a nice amount of cheese


Apple Pie and Cappucino Custard. I liked the filling of the Apple Pie. Cappucino could have been a bit stronger, but I thought it was decent quality for $2.   



Ambience in the evening was nice. 
 

So for about $10 flat you could be getting a really good deal, especially if 2 people are eating. Plus a 12 inch pizza is about $13 and for quality that blows canadian (well I donno bout pizza hut, I haven't eaten there in years coz I'm cheapskate) away I'm well willing to pay. Plus free delivery within a certain radius, which is great for me. Rare gem imo.   
 
And here's the trailer for Into the Wild, a movie written and directed by the legendary Sean Penn. Makes me a little wistful because most likely we'll never feel the kind of exhilaration that comes from throwing everything away and just soaking in life or taking time out to gain a greater self-awareness. Well and other hippie stuff like that. Reminds me a bit of American Beauty. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home