Thursday, December 14, 2006

PECKPOST

Well today was an eventful day. I went over to lip's house to check out how he plays WoW, which was quite interesting, though it became mega-degen late on. MMORPGs are really fascinating btw. Being a fan of instant gratification (like rambo style games), the ability of the game designers to continually tempt, challenge and rope in players over vast periods of time always impresses me.

Anyways the taxi driver from yio chu kang mrt was powerful. I showed him the map in his street directory, and he was like 'hmmph, hohumhmmph', then he started driving confidently. Then after that he was like "umm I'll take a shortcut". I was like woah ok man. So he was cutting through the polytechnic, and I was like 'oh cool'. Then after that he started driving at hyper speed and I was screamin in my head 'WOAH WOO DANG THAT'S FAST'. Then the last straw was when HE TOOK OFF HIS SEATBELT and continued to drive. And that was when I safely concluded that dis dude has balls.

WoW is a cool game. For the first 1.5 hours I was really interested because I was just learning about the basics and watching super WoW videos were really cool, but after that killing mob monsters got boring and only boss battles were really interesting. So we were degening, watching cool RHCP youtube videos. According to Lip players in the best guild (clan) in the world need to play 14 hours a day. I was commenting that when they're 80 years old they'll look back and reflect on how they wasted 10 years on their life on a single computer game. Doh.

Well I've been having a mild migraine in my left temple over the past few days. Caused quite a bit of discomfort, because it feels like someone is knocking a small mallet against your skull. Well my wildest imagination also opened the possibility of there being a brain-eating worm in my skull and that's kinda scary as well. Like it's already eaten up my left brain, which is why I suck at math. Haha I hope I'm not a literal half-wit

I've always been hooked onto the concept of gate control theory, where if you stimulate a more sensitive nerve, it will override the feeling in another. This is precisely the way acupunture works in taking away pain by stimulating nerve points. More extreme examples include sadomasochist Bob Flanagan, who tortured himself to relieve himself of the pain of cystic fibrosis. So I was like wtf man let's try it on this shitty migraine. So I was periodically knuckle-rapping my forehead to take away the throb. It actually works, though it could also be because I'm momentarily dislodging my brain everytime I knock my head. Anyway my problem was solved today by taking 2 panadols, which is a easier but wholly uninteresting prospect.

In other sad news, shawn yap has decided to move school from RI. Damn we lost another brilliant teacher. One of the best teachers I ever had and knew, despite the fact that she didnt teach me in those ever significant sec 3 and 4 years (when everyone's character started to blossom). Instead I was sacrificed to her counterpart. She truly understood how to communicate with the students, she brought herself down to our level, and she's the one that knew all the shit that went around the GEP. And she was really kind in letting me and weiquanz sit in for her 1337 remedials where our noobiness saturated the classroom. One teacher I'll always remember. One of the rare ones that transcended academics.

My dopod is back btw. After the debacle where Sian owned it, my mum had it sent to the shop and now it's as good as new! Dopod ftw though I have lost all my contacts. In other news, Lip convinced me to buy Bailey's Irish Liquor because of its distinctive, indescribable taste. To simplify his analogy, just like "an apple tastes like an apple, so Baileys just tastes like Baileys". When i first saw the price i was like WTF and when I showed my mum the price she was like o.O ...........-________________- . So now I can only try it at christmas when my cousins come down. Lip if it doesnt taste good I'm soo gonna no-shadow kick you and jab your eyes.


Going to malaysia tomorrow. Lip has to assume blogging duties for like 5 days. Cheers. Will have photos and dvds when I come back.

Bah my parents are owning the socks off our insurance agent over some fked up insurance thing we were like conned into buying. Although lambasting the organization and threatening to complain to the CEO gets you places, I never thought it was the best nor the most amicable way to find a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home