Monday, January 04, 2010

PECKPOST

Well good luck to you Lip and good luck to me too. I'll be meeting my prospective boss on tuesday for dinner along with the so-called brokers of the internship and I hope I come off well from that. There's nothing worse than convincing your boss that you're a retard on Day 1.

So the new year just arrived a few days ago and I'm sure everyone had awesomesauce plans on christmas eve. I actually went lanning with my army friends and we played L4D2 till just past midnight. After that we went to eat curry rice. I thought it was really enjoyable actually but then again I can be pretty easy to please sometimes. More like sometimes I prefer simple over complicated simply because complicated has too many strings attached to it. But I'm no angel. Sometimes I get very anal about certain things. Like for example when I was in army and I came home for dinner on Wednesday, I'd expect something nice. If it was boiled fish I'd be like OMFG. I mean home is a refuge man not some place where I eat shitty boiled fish. Pass the fried chicken or pork ribs or something haha. I can drive my mum up the wall just complaining about food sometimes. Hell we have western standoffs over food.

Ah but I digress. So what events in 2009 meant something to me:

1) My grandmas death. It was probably earth-shaking for the whole family, especially on my dad's side since my grandma held everyone together. Towards the end communication was breaking down a lot but I guess kisses and touch always conveyed meaning that didn't need to be put into words.

2) ORD - claimed back my freedom from the dark lords of middle earth

3) Holidays to HK and USA - I was fortunate enough to holiday with my friends and holiday with my family. Both were different but both were good.

4) Friendships in general - I made some good friends, caught up with others.

5) My relationship with my parents - My mum and I have gotten closer (I hope she thinks so too. It would be terrible if she did not reciprocate the feeling :|). I think she's still maturing in her older years and learning to give her children a lot more space. I give her credit for that. My dad's as idiosyncratic as ever and sometimes I feel like doing the people's elbow on him but other than that we get along fine. I can definitely see our relationship improving as I learn more about the financial world and property markets.

That's about it really. So what are my resolutions for 2010? I realise I make too many unrealistic goals so I'm just going to have 4 relatively achievable ones.

1) Work hard in uni and do well. I have not worked at max since PSLE so I'm gonna try to rediscover that spark. Throughout secondary and A levels my studying has been plagued by poor planning and distractions so I always got the feeling that I was stumbling towards the end-goal.

2) Get closer with my family. - Well especially when my sister and her boyfriend move over later this year (he is taking a PhD in geog at NUS).

3) Get a little bit spiritual - church is like the most boring activity of the week for me at the moment so I'll just try reading the bible a bit more and praying more regularly too. And maybe dropping fewer f bombs.

4) Lose weight.

Yep that settles it.

Well the new year has been pretty exciting so far. Yesterday I went to eat 4 seasons buffet with my parents ( new year resolution 4 fail) which was excellent. After that I walked around orchard before going home and then proceeding to sleep for 14 hours straight. My mum totally didn't bother to wake me up for anything. She was like "You needed to compensate for your sleep debt. Yur on holiday you can afford it -beams-". Oh yeah I've been having lots of dreams lately too. Like in America I constantly had dreams about getting pwned for A levels and JC exams and I always woke up relieved. During the 14 hour sleep I dreamt about some road trip.

Anyway I also got a new phone. I got an E72 from Nokia. I decided against the I-phone because I already had an I-touch and I also decided against the HTC Hero because a lot of people say Android has tremendous potential but at the moment is not ideal yet. Another overwhelming factor was that I have no confidence in touchscreen keyboards at the moment. The E72 qwerty keyboard was very attractive to me because I possess stubby banana fingers. All this points to one thing: I am camping for the google phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home