Saturday, May 12, 2007

PECKPOST

Hey just got back from Dance Night. It was alright really. Kinda short. Some dances were good, some weren't so good (some blew hard). Even some of the modern dance items, with their energetic hip hop displays fell a little short of my expectations. At first I thought their dances were pretty decent, like slick and all. Then the alumni danced. Then it just became quite apparent that the current modern dancers lacked a certain edge and energy as compared to their predecessors. One of the hip hop thingums was good though. On a sidenote, I was VERY UNHAPPY that there was no POPPIN. Where's the crowd pleaser! Where's da weird body movements! Where's S & B!

But I think there was one dance item that really struck me, and that was the chinese dance syf piece. Not just coz cher was in it (I am objective!), but because some stuff there was really mesmerizing. The fan scene was beautiful. That scene, however short, was absolutely captivating. I ain't no dance connoisseur, and it ain't often I can differentiate between the real thing and the poseurs, but this one exuded quality. After the thing, we were saying "Woah I can see why they got gold with honours".

Anyway by deciding to go for dance night I sacrificed the opportunity to watch The Last King of Scotland at the club. My parents went on my recommendation and they said it was a great show. Bah.

After Dance Night I walked back to J8 to pick up a coffee coz I really needed a caffeine shot. It was an arduous ordeal really because the air was super humid, and my skin was getting all sticky and sensitive to it. Yeah this skin problem was a childhood thing (with all my eczema) that I thought I grew out of, but I've been having recurrences lately, especially on my legs and neck. Yeah tonight killed my neck. It was real itchy and unbearable, and I nearly ravaged my neck with me nails. Damn I claw like an animal. Which is another childhood habit i guess. When I was young I used to peel my nails to make em sharper, and hence better to scratch with. Now I just use the back of a pen or sth. Lol fug that's morbid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home